Today is Slashfood Sandwich Day!
In celebration of this — I am a complete sandwich junkie — I’m going to make my favorite sandwich for Christine and I in Apple’s cafeteria.
The infamous PBLBM. Delicious. But you have to follow the instructions exactly.
- Start with two slices of good, solid, bread. Multi-grain works well. Country style sourdough (with the big holes) works even better.
- Put peanut butter on one slice, mayonnaise on the other. Do not let the PB and M touch in any way!!
- On the Peanut side, add slices of banana.
- On the Mayonnaise side, add slices of bacon.
- Place a layer of lettuce on top of the bacon. Make sure the bacon is entirely covered (but don’t use too much lettuce).
- Put it together as a proper sandwich.
If it is assembled correctly, the lettuce will act as a gasket between the two halves. This is the critical detail.
Enjoy. Totally delicious sandwich.
(PBLBM is Peanut Butter, Banana, Lettuce, Bacon, Mayonnaise — the order is critical).